Contact Us (408) 416-3149


How Can I Change my Child Support Payment in San Jose?

Posted by Ahluwalia Law Professional Corporation | Jun 13, 2013 | 0 Comments

Whether you are having difficulty meeting your child support obligations or caring for your children with your current child support, you may want to consider changing the Child Support Order.  San Jose Child Support Attorney  Madan Ahluwalia of Ahluwalia Law is here to help you through the process of determining and fighting for an appropriate child support payment. .

Mutual Agreement to Modify Child Support Payment

If both parents agree to modify the amount of the child support payment, then there should not be any problem in getting the modification approved by a judge.  You might need to justify the amount if the change is significant, and explain how the new amount is going to provide for the child.

If you and your spouse are not in agreement, then you may want to consult San Jose family law attorney to ensure that your children are properly cared for and that you are receiving or paying a fair amount in child support.

Court Modification of Child Support Payment

If you and the other parent are unable to come to an agreement without the court, you will need to request a San Jose court hearing. You should consider having a San Jose family lawyer represent you, as you will have to argue for the change in child support before the judge in court.  A San Jose family law lawyer will be able to guide you through the legal process and present the best case for, or against, cild support modification.

In addition to filling out the appropriate legal forms, you will also have to demonstrate to the judge why you need the amount to be increased or decreased. In order to do so, San Jose family law requires that you prove something significant has changed about your financial situation after the initial child support order was entered.

For help with Modification of Child Support in San Jose, contact family law attorney Madan Ahluwalia of Ahluwalia Law to assist you.   Please contact us today by filling out an online form for a free consultation or calling us today at 1866-666-4647

About the Author


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us Today

Fill out our consultation form (Family Law Form or Immigration Form) and schedule an appointment ( Schedule Online).